So here's what my post looks like in Compose mode on Blogger, which is the user friendly form of inputting text and pictures for a post:
And here's what that same post looks like but in HTML format:
Scary, I know.
But, a lot of it is just basic tags and text! So here's the top five things you need for HTML
1. HTML is mainly made up of tags. For example, if you want to center text or an image, you would use the tags "<center>" and "</center>". Tags always come in pairs and have to start and end, the ending being the backslash (/)
2. HTML is very easy to mess up if you don't know what you're doing so if you decide to mess with your blog template, BACK IT UP! And do a test run on separate test blog before you make big changes.
3. HTML codes are very easy to find on Google. So if you're confused or need instructions for what you want to do, when in doubt, Google it.
4. It's easier to format widgets and things in HTML, so it's best that you become familiar. Generally if you want to add a widget, you'll be adding that as a sidebar so you need to just add the Java/HTML widget in Blogger's list when you're on the layout page.
5. On Blogger, HTML can be entered in the HTML mode of creating a post and in a widget, but if you wanted to edit even more, in the template customizer, under the advanced section there's a spot for CSS, where you can edit even more!
So if you have any questions, feel free to leave them below! I'll be continuing this "Blogging 101" series & will talk more on HTML, so please, if you have any questions, leave them below!
Thanks for reading