Hi everyone! Happy Monday!
So I wanted to announce a few changes that are going to be happening here on A Thing of Beauty!
- I will now be posting two links where you can buy products that I review-one for my American readers and one for my European readers (if applicable)! I hope this makes it easier in terms of availability of products!
- I will be doing a new weekly post which will kind of be like a rant about my life-what's been going on in my life that week or anything I have to say in general. I'll be writing about this on Thursday in addition to my regular Thursday beauty reviews.
- I will be resizing all of the buttons on my left sidebar down to 100x100 pixels so that it looks neater. So if you happen to see your button missing, don't fear, I'm just resizing it and readjusting things
- I still have one spot open in September for guest posting so if you're interested please email me!
- Lastly, I have something to talk about that will not be favored, but I feel it's necessary. I am no longer allowing links to be posted in comments on my posts. I understand the need to do it, as I am guilty of doing it myself when I was a beginning blogger, but I want this blog to be a place to share ideas and comments about makeup, not to advertise your blog. The only URL links that are acceptable are if you're responding to a comment that I've made on your blog and you feel it necessary to link to a specific post on your blog for me to find it. Other than that, please, do not post any links in your comments. Comments that simply say "follow me" or any thing of the sort will also be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, you are more than welcome to email me, tweet me, etc.
So what's acceptable? At the end of your comment, you can leave your name and your blog's name with no url embedded. For example, "K. from A Thing of Beauty". Anyone can then google your blog's name if they so desire, but there's no direct links in the comments involved.
Make sure that your profile for blogger contains your blog link so that if I click on your picture next to a comment, your blog can easily be found by anyone! The more sincere and involved a comment is the more likely I am to click on your profile to check out your blog!
I hope everyone understands, and if you have any questions or concerns, leave a comment below or tweet/email me!